Monday, November 26, 2012

A Week of Reveals!!!

Starting with this sweet babe!
 
 
Introducing:
Zion Philip Cook
7lbs. 11ozs. - 22in. long
Born: Nov. 16, 2012
 
 
 
 
It all started with a peaceful, quiet Thursday morning!  I should have known something was up because I suddenly had the urgent "need" to get all of my Christmas shopping ideas organized and on paper.  After sitting down at the kitchen table and writing it all out, I decided I'd better get dressed and get our day rolling!  Only when I stood up, I had a "did I just wet myself" feeling...
 
With no other symptoms of labor, I called my husband Ken to let him know that I thought, possibly  my water broke and then I proceeded to pace back and forth around the house wondering what to do!  His sound mind came through the other end of the phone, "Why don't you call the midwives and see what they have to say." "Hmmm...that's a good idea," I thought.
 
As the day progressed, nothing happened and nothing happened...Ken came home from work and we all waited!  We decided to take a trip to the library just to get out of the house. Still nothing...well, maybe a few contractions, but nothing to write home about!
 
Our midwives checked in with us a few times and around 9:30 we decided we would meet up in an hour and see how I was doing. 
 
I entered the birth center with irregular contractions and just not feeling well. After checking my vitals, they determined that I was most likely dehydrated and started me on EmergenC.  One of the sweet midwives, Jenny, accommodated our joke regarding being in a fancy hotel on vacation by presenting it to me "Hawaiian style":
 
 
After 2 glasses I was feeling better and real labor started moving!
 
 
Ken took this picture as I was working through a contraction...the heart shape with my hands was unintentional!
 
The plan was for a water birth, but after laboring in the tub for a while, my contractions just weren't progressing things along.  Moving from the tub to the bed did the trick, and 3 contractions (about 20mins) later, Zion made his entrance!
 
 
2 hours later we were home and soaking in our new addition!
 





 

 
 
As some of you know, Zion had a bit of a rough start in his first days of life.  More on that later...
 
 
 
Oh, and I'm sure some of you are dying to see a kitchen update...let's just say the view from the couch as I nurse Zion is looking pretty fantastic!


And don't forget...this is your last week to save at CPT Worldwide!!!
Enter COOKS at checkout to receive 15% off your order!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Be refreshed!

2 comments: