Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Consider The Ravens...

 
Luke 22:24
 
"Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.  And how much more valuable you are than birds."
 
On the 3rd day that we were at Children's, we were blessed to be moved to the window side of the room.  As I nursed Zion and looked out my window, I had a view of the very tips of some evergreen trees.  On that first day, there were some little birds flitting around the top of the center tree. (Birds have a special little place in my heart, and I love to watch them.)  Anyway, as I noticed the little birds, Luke 22:24 came to my heart!  The Holy Spirit was speaking directly to me at that moment, reminding me that I am much more valuable than the birds to God and He, again, had not abandoned me, and that He would "feed" me during this time of solitude! 
{And boy, let me tell you, did He ever!}
 
I was sharing this little antidote with my friend Kelley as she stopped by for a visit, and then on her next visit, she brought me this sweet little tree.  She had decorated it with lights and a few meaningful ornaments to brighten my space.
 
One of the decorations was the bird that is pictured above. She said, "To remind you of God's promise, in case your little birds outside don't return to your tree."
 
 
She also put a Nutcracker Soldier on the tree, "to remind you that Zion will be a soldier in God's kingdom."
 
And the little red gift box {top left of picture}, "to remind you that Jesus is our Gift."
 
 
And a little angel to, "to remind you that God is overseeing Zion's care!"
 
This little tree not only brightened up my little corner, but also brought so much meaning with it!
 
 
A true treasure from a treasured friend!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Know that you are treasured and be refreshed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment