Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Itsy Bitsy Spider...

Do you see him?
 

 
Yep, this little, itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, eight-legged, nemesis was the culprit who sent my, tough to the core, 4 year old into a screaming fit, thereby destroying naptime!
 
And, any normal mother would have squished said peace invader!  But, no, not me...
 
No, I'm one of those mothers...
 
I found a glass, coaxed him into it, {took his picture}, and then gently set him outside - where he belongs!
 
The truth is I used to be terrified of bugs and spiders, and admittedly, I still am.  But, as a mom, I suck it up - most of the time - and tell my kiddos, "Spiders are really good!  Spiders kill and eat bugs we don't like! Spiders are our friends!" 
 
You know what?  My kiddos believe me!  They reflect what I show them. The olders tell each other how they hope to see lots of spiders this summer because it signals we will have snow this winter. {A wives tale my husband's late grandmother told me years ago...and I repeat often...'cause I love snow!}
 
How about you?  Do you save, smush or scream when you see a creepy, crawly friend like one of these?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Be Refreshed!



No comments:

Post a Comment