Friday, December 9, 2011

I Want To BE Beautiful…

No Fast Tip Friday...and I promise not to be a Monday/Friday blogger!

Today's post comes from a journal writing that I came across.  I wrote it a few months ago and, by the Holy Spirit's prompting, felt it was something that needs to be posted!  So, believing that He intends for someone out there to read it, I post with an open heart today!  God has definitely been refining some areas in me, and our household! 


So, there is this song by Bethany Dillon:
 “I want to be beautiful, make you stand in awe. Look inside my heart and be amazed. I long to hear you say who I am is quite enough…"(forgetting the final verse to the chorus). 
Anyway, sometimes this song plays in my head!  It’s who I am!  I know all of the ugliness inside of me.  Something that Ken and I always discuss is the radiance of people who have Jesus on the inside…how it creates the most beautiful of creations on the outside.  I want to be that!!!  Yet, I am critical,  impatient, jealous, insecure…I am sure it is a matter of getting to the heart of the issues…but the process seems so slow.
Lately I have been so looking forward to the day I am in Glory…that will be the day that I am fully refined and my beauty will be completely radiant as I no longer have the ugliness on the inside! 
My prayer is that Christ will refine that person inside of me sooner than later…ahhh, refinement!
I want to be beautiful….




I think societies idea of beautiful and God's idea of beautiful are polar opposites!  To the woman who just watched this video and sees herself, my prayer for you is this:
"May you 'have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ'! (Ephesians 3:18) The Lord of Heaven has created you in His image (Genesis 1:27) and you are fearfully and wonderfully made!(Psalm 139:14) May you embrace who you are in Him and commit to living a life to glorify Him daily!  He will refine you and His beauty will radiate through you!"

Thanks for stopping by!  Be Refreshed!

2 comments: