Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Be Content!

I know ~ easier said than done!!!!
Last Friday, I spoke at a local MOPS group.  My topic was titled: Frugal Living without Fear or Frump!  Basically it was a talk on my different tidbits around money saving!



So, Friday morning I was praying for the women I was to be speaking to, and God started speaking to me!  He basically said, "Tell them that they are beautiful!"


I started thinking, "Um, ok?!?  Where does that fit into a budget speech?"  But, knowing how God works with me, I chose to obey - believing that if the message was just for one woman in that room, then I was not going to get in the way just because it didn't make sense to me!

So, first, let me say, "God has the same message for you!" 

His word says:

Psalm139
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

1Peter 3
3 Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.


God's Word is good ~ ALL THE TIME!

So, what does it look like practically? I will tell you what I told the MOPS ladies...Be Content!

Be content with what God has given you...in possessions, family members, appearance! Stop comparing your life to others around you! 

You've heard the term regarding the grass being greener on the other side, I like to say, "If the grass looks greener on the other side, there's probably a whole lot more crap over there!"

Think about how this applies in your own life! Does it mean staying out of the mall? Or, not perusing 100 different decorating websites/Pinterest pages? {These things only bring temporary happiness anyway!}

Could it mean accepting that God has a purpose and plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11), exactly where and when you live (Acts17:26), believing that He created you perfectly (Psalm 139:14).





Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. "

Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.



Finally ~ Pray! 
He has sent us a counselor, the Holy Spirit!  If you are struggling with contentment, God knows!  Seek him for guidance in this area...He promises to answer! (Luke 11:10)



{Having an accountability partner wouldn't hurt either!}
"As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another."
Proverbs 27:17


Praying that each of you finds contentment today!

Thanks for stopping by! Be Refreshed!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Love the crappy quote! I hope you don't mind if I recycle that. TKhank you for the beautiful reminder on contentment.

    ReplyDelete