Monday, October 8, 2012

Our "Go To" dinner! {Recipe}

PIZZA!

 
 
 
Really...it's as easy as pie...pizza pie I suppose!   And for about $1.50 per pizza  you can't beat the price!  I make mine using whole wheat, but you can substitute white flour if you like!
 
 
For our family of 10, I make three 15" pizzas...and there are always leftovers!  I can't think of a dinner that gives you more bang for your buck!
 
Here's the recipe as I make it with substitution options in blue:
 
Mama Cook's Pizza
 
3 Cups warm water
1T honey
2T yeast
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp. salt
2T Italian Seasoning
1teas. minced garlic
1/4 cup gluten flour
6-7 cups whole wheat flour
 
{White all purpose flour can be used in place of the gluten and whole wheat flours above...you will need about 8-9 cups.}
 
Mix first 4 ingredients and let sit 5 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and knead for 7-10 minutes. {I use a Bosch mixer - gifted to me by one absolutely generous friend - so I simply mix all of my ingredients together and knead for 5 minutes.}
 
Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll onto 3 15" greased pizza pans. {I picked up my pans at Business Costco for about $2.00 a piece!}
 
Let dough rise 10 minutes and bake at 425 for 6 minutes.  Add toppings and return to oven for 12-15 minutes.
 
Cook Family standard toppings include:
Pepperoni
BBQ Chicken and Apple
Cheese {of course}
 
So basically, when I pull the crusts out of the oven, I spread tomato sauce on them...I usually do not end up seasoning my sauce...with the seasonings in the crust, you can cheat on this step!
 
Next, I sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top, add additional toppings {get creative...our favorite pizza was born out of an empty refrigerator} and sprinkle a smidgen more mozzarella {and Parmesan if I have it on hand} on top of that!  Then do a final bake!
 
There you have it!  Enjoy!!!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Be Refreshed!


1 comment:

  1. And I can attest that it's nummy!!! But her ribs are even better!!!!

    Miss You!

    T.Wedell

    ReplyDelete