Thursday, October 27, 2011

Let me introduce myself...


Today I’m joining the Women Living Well Blog Bash {See link below}…

The assignment is to write a blog post introducing ourselves and posting a relevant picture.  So here goes…

Lora… Lora Cook, but you can call me Mama! 

Actually, years ago I was delivering  Meatball Subs for a “Blessings Meal”, and needed a catchy name for them…along came Mama Cook’s Meatball Subs.  Fast forward a few years, I was delivering another meal, only this time pizza!  Well, the friend I was delivering to was so astounded that I was delivering homemade pizza, that she termed it Mama Cook’s Pizza.  That was when it stuck!  Word got around, and pretty soon even my kiddo’s friends were calling me Mama Cook.

So, what is the inspiration for the blog?  Life!  Well, actually a Victorious Life!  With 9 kiddos, 1 {soon to be 2} grandbabies, one terrific son-in-law, and the world’s best husband…I’ve learned {and am still learning} a lot along the way! Why re-invent the wheel, right?  Over the years I have looked for inspiration from those who have gone before me, and you will still hear me say, “9 babies later and I’m finally figuring this out!” 

Along the journey, God has really shown me the meaning of the verse: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 
This blog is not about me, but the One who created me and His workings in my life...poured out in order to minister to others!
I want my readers to feel like they just stepped into my home and can glean a quick tip or moment of refreshing.

So, stop on by, and Be Refreshed! 

{Oh – and don’t forget that I love giveaways!  They are a tangible piece to “take home!”  So look for those here too!}

8 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you and your blog! Cannot wait to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your name and the story behind it. You must have so much wisdom gleaned over the years with your children. Thanks for sharing it with others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have "met" you. Love your fireplace. Very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good to "meet" you! I'm stopping by via the Blog Bash 2011... have a BLESSED weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always so...rosy! (No wonder your glass is always "half-full"!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice to meet you via the Blog Bash 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mama Cook!
    I'm your newest follower. I am in LOVE with your blog!!!!! I am a anew and first time Mama of a little boy named Robbie. My little guy will be 6 months old this week. I am a Marine Corps wife and stay at home Mom/housewife and helpmate to my hubby.I look forward to reading all of your posts! My blog is www.richandsarahchristensen.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete