Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our chair wears a shawl?

Those were the words spoken by my husband last night as I was directing our daughter on how to place the blanket over both the arm and the back of the chair simultaneously.

You see, I love this chair!  It adds seating and definition to my living room, it fits Mama comfortably, and I have fond memories of MANY sleepless nights, nursing this sweet little girl.



But one day, said child, put this not so sweet little mark on the arm…


{“yep, that’s permanent ink”}



And so – not having the heart to kick the chair to the curb (bleach, peroxide and Goof Off haven't removed the spot), “our chair wears a shawl”!

Just one little way I've made do with what we have...I'd love to hear about some of your household "spots" and how you've dressed their imperfections!

Thanks for stopping by!  Be Refreshed!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Brandan Haertel's Comment ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Sarah totally screams devious child. LOL she has that "i'm gonna draw on your chair, and there is nothing you can do about it" look in her eyes.
    Great picture!

    (Having some issues getting my name to show up with my comment, sorry for comment-bombing you blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandan...Comment bomb all you want...it's like receiving a "Good Morning" call! Thanks for checking out the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Amanda V got Sharpie off her couch using a Magic Eraser. I'll ask her about it. Her sons scribbled all over ther new couches about a week after she got them and she was able to get it out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin! I'm gonna' try that! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete